Thursday 13 October 2016

Healthy Recipe: Breakfast Bowls

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day - I go to bed dreaming of what deliciousness I'm going to whip up come morning. I don't always have a ton of time in the morning before heading off to work to whip up a fancy meal, so breakfast bowls are one of my favourite go-to dishes. Here are three of my favourite (ridiculously simple, but delicious) breakfast bowl combinations. If you recreate any of my recipes please tag me on Twitter or Instagram - so I can have a nosy!

The Smooth Move
Smoothie bowls are all over instagram and for good reason - they are delicious, nutritious, picture perfect and are kinda like having ice cream for breakfast. (the dream)

You will need:
1 frozen banana
A handful of frozen berries
(I like to use a mixed bag of strawberries, cherries, blackberries and raspberries)
A splash of almond milk

Method:
Add all ingredients to your blender, and process for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Add as much or as little milk as you wish - I prefer my nice cream to be thick and creamy, so I only add a splash or two. Top with whatever you fancy. Granola, chia seeds, sliced banana, fresh berries and cacao nibs are some of my personal favourites.
The Cereal Killer
Cereal is so underrated. I could eat it at any time of the day, breakfast for dinner is the best. #brinner

You will need:
Bran flakes
 (or your favourite cereal)
Sliced peach
Chia seeds
Frozen strawberries
Greek yoghurt

Method:
Whack it all into a bowl and enjoy! Greek yoghurt makes your cereal bowl so thick and creamy, as well as being packed full of protein.
How A-mus(eli)ing 
Muesli is another of my favourites. I love how it goes a bit soggy when mixed with milk. I also like adding in frozen fruit as the berries start to defrost and turn the milk a pretty shade of purple. (kinda like with chocolatey coco pops but a bit more nutritious)

You will need:
Muesli
(I like mine full of nuts and raisins)
Oat milk
(one of my favourites - so creamy)
Sliced banana
Blueberries
Chia seeds

Method:
Add the berries, muesli and sliced banana to your bowl, top with milk and a sprinkle of chia seeds.Adding chia seeds to your muesli bowl gives you a morning boost of omega-3, fibre and protein.

 I hope you enjoyed this 'Breakfast bowls' recipe post. What is your favourite breakfast bowl combo? Will you be recreating any of my bowls?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Lauren x

2 comments:

  1. These all look delicious - whenever I make a smoothie bowl etc it looks like a toddler has made it. I can never get it to look pretty haha (hence why there are none on my insta!) Fab post! I love breakfast! xo

    www.hayleyloves.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely! Haha, it's a bit of a faff sometimes trying to make it look pretty - but always worth it! hehe I'm so glad you enjoyed reading my post :) xx

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx