Wednesday 31 August 2016

Lifestyle: Life Through My Camera Roll #8

It's been quite a while since I have updated you with a 'Life through my camera roll' post (catch up here) - so I though it was about time I shared with you all the things I've been doing/loving/watching/munching lately!
 I have new Netflix obsession for you - That 70's Show! Me and the boyfriend have been binge watching it for the past month and it's so funny. It features a baby-faced Ashton Kutcher, a super spoilt Mila Kunis and a redheaded Laura Prepon (Hello Alex from OITNB) The show is set in, you guessed it, the seventies! The series revolves around Eric Foreman and his idiot friends hanging out in his basement. It's a witty sitcom full of great one-liners, and has a brilliant cast. If you like retro jokes, stupid stunts and running gags, then you'll love it. 

I've been mixing up my fitness routine lately, as I love to try new workouts and incorporate different exercises into my routine. My new favourite is plyometrics, in which you perform exercises that exert your muscles maximum force in short intervals, with the goal of increasing power and speed strength. For example I do a combination of squat jumps, lateral jumps and skaters. I love it as it gets your heart rate up, burns fat, is fun to do and you can smash it out in twenty minutes.

I spotted this chocolate hazelnut heaven while browsing the Tesco website a few weeks ago, *adds to basket*. I have tried this spread before when Jim Jam's kindly sent me a jar - but since finishing it (sob) I couldn't get my hands on another, as it wasn't readily available in my region. So I was over the moon to see that Tesco are now selling it. It tastes just like Nutella but with 83% less total sugars and is suitable for diabetics, vegetarians and is gluten free - a winner! I love spreading mine on wholemeal toast or crispbreads, with sliced banana and chia seeds, mmm. (they also sell a standard chocolate version)

Holland and Barrett is probably one of my favourite shops, I spend far too much money picking up healthy snacks and I love discovering new brands. While browsing the aisles these babies caught my eye - they are 'Hippeas' organic chickpea puffs, and being a big fan of chickpeas I had to give them a try. I can confirm that they are blimmin' delicious - they look similar to cheese puffs but are low in calories (only 90 per packet) high in fibre and are a great source of protein. They are also gluten free and vegan too. They come in a variety of different flavours, from black pepper and herbs, to fajita and paprika. The 'in herbs we trust' has to be my favourite - the combination of rosemary, oregano and thyme reminds me of pizza. A must try.

Cancer awareness: Having had a few family members lose their fight with cancer, I think that spreading awareness of any and all types of cancer is such a wonderful thing. I was recently contacted by the lovely and very brave Heather, who has battled (and won!) her fight with a rare type of cancer called Mesothelioma. This aggressive type of cancer can develop in the lining of the lungs, abdomen or heart and is caused by asbestos. There is no known cure and it has a very poor prognosis. Heather was unknowingly exposed to asbestos as a little girl by her father, who worked in drywall construction. Heather beat the odds and beat cancer, she is now a ten year cancer survivor and an advocate for Mesothelioma awareness (such an amazing lady!) September 26th is Mesothelioma Awareness Day - which is the perfect opportunity to help spread the word and educate people about Mesothelioma. I myself knew nothing about it before reading Heather's story - it is such a rare disease, that really could happen to anyone. Here is the link to Heather's blog series, if you would like to read her amazing story and be kind enough to share it! P.S It made me sob just a bit, she is truly a remarkable woman.

I hope you enjoyed this 'Life Through my camera roll' post, What's your current favourite Netflix series? Will you be helping to spread the word about Mesothelioma awareness day? 

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx