Friday 5 August 2016

Lifestyle: Fun In The Sun

I'm a homely girl through and through. I love nothing more than curling up in my comfiest clothes on my big, squishy sofa with a mug of tea and shutting the door on the world. Home is my safe place, my own private haven and a place I feel happiest and most content. Having anxiety can often make me feel as though I have no control over certain situations - so being at home is always a big comfort. I have been trying push myself bit by bit, out of my little bubble and into the wide world. It sounds silly but it's important for me to push myself to at least try, otherwise I end up retreating into myself... which is never a positive thing. Anyway enough rambling my point was over here somewhere.. oh yes, SUN! Since the weather is somewhat warm in England at the moment (I say warm, it's currently chucking it down as I type) I thought I would share with you some of my favourite ways to spend a sunny day. We don't often get much sun, so as soon as it comes out (even just a brief glimpse) I race outside to soak up every last ray.
Picnics
Be it in a park, in the woods, at a castle or on a cute bench somewhere - picnics are the epitome of a British summer. (well that and a barbie in the rain) Grab a wicker basket or Tesco bag for life, whatever floats your boat, some plastic cutlery and paper plates, freshly made sandwiches (smoked salmon is a firm fave) a bag of fancy crisps, cocktail sausages and sweet treats and you're good to go. For extra posh picnic points pack a cheeky bottle of Prosecco. 

Beach day
 I love the beach. The sound of crashing waves, more ice creams than you can shake a flake at and the rare opportunity to catch some rays, and maybe a tan. Unless you're anything like me, then you will end up looking like a lovely little lobster. 

Sunset
My boyfriend Ian is a dab hand at sunset photographs - he just has the gift. We love nothing more than heading out on summer evening armed with our camera's to capture a beautiful sunset. The combination of pretty pinks, mellow yellows and vibrant oranges is definitely a sight to be seen. 

Sweet treats
I have the biggest sweet tooth, seriously just look at my instagram feed (cheeky plug) if it's chocolate covered, dipped or rolled I'm sold. Some of my favourite summer treats have to be homemade lemonade, ice lollies - Fabs, Twisters and Magnums are all winners or freshly baked scones with lashings of clotted cream and jam - I can't help it, I'm a Devon gal after all!

Garden time
Be it a family barbecue, garden party or a weekend get-together, there's nothing like grilling up a feast and sipping on homemade Pimm's in the comfort of your own backyard. I wish I had a garden of my own, but alas I live in a second floor flat. I used to love my old house, as we had a decent sized garden, which was perfect for sitting outside on a warm summer evening, with a good book and a cup of tea. 

Lunch date
Ian and I try to go out on a date together at least once a month. Be it dinner, watching a film at the cinema, heading to a city for a day of shopping or simply slobbing on the sofa with a chippy tea - it's important to spend some quality time together as a couple. I think it makes you stronger, happier and feel closer to each other. Hello soppy. We love going out for lunch dates, especially in the summer time. There's something about eating al fresco that's so lovely, especially in England. 

I hope you enjoyed this 'Fun in the Sun' post, What are some of your favourite ways to spend a sunny day? 

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx