Sunday 19 June 2016

Devon Delights #5: Cheesecake Heaven At Boston Tea Party*

When the lovely people from Boston Tea Party* kindly invited me back to my local cafe to review their new menu additions (I reviewed their wonderful healthy menu options earlier this year, catch up here) I of course jumped at the chance, as I had such a lovely lunch on my last visit. I saw the words 'review' and 'cake' and was instantly sold! I have such a sweet tooth, so I was excited to see what new creations they had come up with.
First up on the menu was a smoothie. I love smoothies - they are the perfect pick me up to start the day, and are also a tasty lunch addition. There are two new smoothies on the menu, The Green One and The Red One - I opted for the green one as it sounded right up my street. The raw vegetable smoothies are made with fresh, wholesome ingredients and are full of goodness. The green one is a delicious combination of spinach, cucumber, banana, chia seeds, apple juice and lime. A must try!

I am a big fan of sandwiches for lunch, I often whip myself up a stuffed pitta or wrap when I'm at home, as I find myself lagging around lunchtime as my post workout breakfast fuel starts to waver, so I always go for some carbs to keep me satisfied and energised for the afternoon ahead. Toasted sandwiches are a gift from the gods. Cheese and bread is just heaven on it's own (cheese on toast anyone...mmm) but Boston Tea Party have upped their game and added some amazing toasted sandwiches to their menu. I went for the Chipotle chicken and parmesan, which has chicken, chipotle sauce, sun blushed tomatoes, parmesan cheese and roasted peppers. The combination of crispy sourdough, juicy chicken and gooey parmesan is delicious, add in the spicy chipotle sauce, sweet peppers and tomatoes, and you have a winner! I love that all of their toasties are made with freshly baked Hobbs House Bakery sourdough bread, which is yeast free and with it's soft texture, makes it perfect for toasting! (They also have gluten free options available)
And now for the pièce de résistance... dessert of course! No lunch date is complete without dessert. I love all things sweet and indulgent, so when I spotted this beauty on the counter I was sold! It's a lemon cheesecake like no other - a pastry base, with a layer of baked cheesecake, topped with lemon curd, a thin layer of soft meringue, then topped with crumble. I think I just drooled on my keyboard while writing this... it is by far the best lemon cheesecake I have ever had! The zesty lemon curd is to die for, pair that with thick, creamy cheesecake and a buttery crumble and you have dessert heaven. It's so indulgent and creamy, yet so fresh and light on the palate. Oh, and if it couldn't get any better - it's also gluten free!

As if the baked cheesecake wasn't enough, they also have a few other new sweet offerings. 
Coconut and lime cake.
Earl Grey and cranberry malt loaf
Coffee, walnut and cardamom cake
Vegan Date and walnut flapjack with peanut butter icing
The Ambassador 
(Hazelnut meringue filled with Nutella mascarpone cream - also gluten free! I wanted to try this bad boy, but they didn't have any in my local cafe, I'll definitely have to hunt it down next time!)

We had such a wonderful lunch at Boston Tea Party, the food is incredible! I would highly recommend popping into your local cafe for a spot of lunch, here is a list of their locations, we will definitely be returning!

 I hope you enjoyed this 'Boston Tea Party Review' post, I had such a wonderful lunch, and I wish I had a slice of cheesecake right about now... mmm. Have you ever visited a Boston Tea Party cafe? What were your thoughts? Do you have a right old sweet tooth like me?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx



*Boston Tea Party kindly offered me a complimentary lunch for two, for the purpose of reviewing their new menu additions. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own, for more information please see my Contact/PR tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx