Tuesday 22 March 2016

Devon Delights #4: Boston Tea Party Review*

When the lovely people from Boston Tea Party* asked me if I would like to review the brand new healthy additions to their Devon cafe menus, I of course jumped at the chance! (and brought my lovely boyfriend along for a lunch date)
I love anything food related, even more so if it's delicious and nutritious dishes.
I popped in for lunch last week, so I thought I would share my thoughts on their 'healthy options' menu additions, with you lovelies!
This was my first ever visit to a Boston Tea Party cafe, and it didn't disappoint! Upon entering the beautifully decorated cafe, the first thing I noticed was a rather large cake display (typical Lauren) they had everything a sweet treat lover could possibly dream of. From classic lemon drizzle cake to chocolate brownies, homemade scones and flapjacks. They all looked amazing, you could see the care, love and attention to detail that was put into each batch. The pastry chefs deserve a huge pat on the back for creating such wonderful sweet treats.
 Excuse my cake related tangent, anyway on to the review... We were greeted with a warm welcome from Tom, the Assistant Manager - who kindly gave us menus, and told us to take a seat and have a nosy before ordering at the counter. We happily took our seats in a quiet little corner and perused the menu. I opted for the smoked salmon, cream cheese, watercress and chia seeds on pumpernickel rye bread, and a side salad. This is one of Boston Tea Party's  'healthier options' menu additions, which they have introduced this year into their cafes. Their motto is 'healthy doesn't have to mean hungry' which I am completely on board with! I eat a very healthy, balanced diet full of delicious and nutritious foods that fuel my body, and also taste amazing!
Eating healthily doesn't mean you have to compromise on taste or variety.

Here is a list of Boston Tea Party's healthy additions:
Homemade spelt granola with Greek yoghurt, honey, raspberries and blueberries.
Homemade spelt granola with banana and organic milk.
Greek yoghurt with orange, candied pecans and dukkah.
Brown rice porridge made with coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon, topped with mango and blueberries.
After ordering our lunches at the counter, we only had a short wait until we were served our meals. The smoked salmon was delicious, I loved the flavour combination of the dish. You get the crunch of the chia seeds, with the creamy cheese, a slight sweetness from the pumpernickel rye bread and a squeeze of lemon for that zingy flavour. Overall it was a winner, I would highly recommend trying it out if you visit one of their cafes.
After we had eaten, Tom asked me if I would like to try one of their cakes (he clearly spotted me eyeing up the pastries... my bad) me being the sweet fiend I am, couldn't turn him down!
I opted for a slice of the 'Berry Scrumble' which tasted just like a fruit crumble, one of my favourite desserts. It had a lovely berry compote and was topped with crunchy hazelnuts and sliced almonds. 
Utterly indulgent, and bloody delicious too - it's all about that healthy balance after all!

We had such a wonderful lunch at Boston Tea Party - Tom and his team were all so welcoming and lovely, nothing was too much trouble and the food was simply delicious.
I would highly recommend popping into your local cafe for a spot of lunch, here is a list of their locations, we will definitely be returning!

 I hope you enjoyed this 'Boston Tea Party Review' post, I had such a wonderful lunch, and I wish I had a slice of berry scrumble right about now... mmm. Have you ever visited a Boston Tea Party cafe? What were your thoughts? Do you have a right old sweet tooth like me?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

*Boston Tea Party kindly offered me a complimentary lunch for two, for the purpose of reviewing their new healthy menu additions. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own, for more information please see my Contact/PR tab.

1 comment:

  1. It has been quite a while that I have been thinking about starting a blog of my own on travel and food. But I always fail to write this well. I loved the way you have written your blog. Next week I am going to attend a food fest in an event space Atlanta, I will try writing about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx