Tuesday 16 February 2016

Lifestyle: Life Through My Camera Roll #5

It's been quite a while since I have sat down and written a 'life through my camera roll' post, my previous one was a festive edition catch up here, so I thought it was about time I shared with you the things I have been loving lately snapped with my iPhone, along with a bit about what I've been getting up to.

Well February has been a pretty good month for me food wise, with pancake day and valentines date night. I whipped myself up a batch of my favourite banana pancakes (simply 1 mashed banana and 2 eggs, see my post here) which I topped with sliced banana, a handful of granola (the food doctor fig and cranberry is heavenly) and a drizzle of choc shot, who doesn't love chocolate for breakfast? They were delicious and healthy to boot. 
Valentines day is another 'stuff your face with all the sweet stuff' kinda day - the lovely boyfriend surprised me with a beautiful bunch of pink flowers and roses, which have yet to bloom and a cute novelty 'I love you' balloon, which was such a sweet little touch. We celebrated the day of love by going out for dinner to our favourite local place, check out my review here, I had a delicious Cajun chicken salad with buttery new potatoes, and treated myself to a dessert (who can resist dessert?) I went for the rhubarb and pear crumble with pear sorbet, and it was probably the best crumble I've ever had!


A few weeks ago the boyfriend and I went to Exeter for the day, and while we were there he popped in to Argos and bought us an electric blanket for our king size bed. My oh my, how on earth did I ever cope without one? I'm forever cold, my hands and toes are always freezing and with this bitterly cold weather I've been loving my electric blanket. Afternoon naps cocooned in my warm bed have become the norm, the boyfriend did very good. The best present a chilly girl could ask for.
Speaking of warm and cosy, I have been loving my pyjamas at the moment. (I say 'at the moment' I always love pyjamas, they're my standard home uniform to be honest) But I have treated myself to a few new pairs lately - these adorable and super soft 'will wake up for champagne and croissants' New Look slogan pair are my favourite. Pyjamas are the best invention, they're so cosy and I would live in them if I could. I also picked up a new tee - I couldn't resist, it's so cute!
I picked myself up a new mascara last month, 'Maybelline the falsies push up drama.' I love the falsies mascara from Maybelline so I had high hopes for their new version. It didn't disappoint - it curls my lashes beautifully and gives an amazing false lash effect, I love how long and luscious my lashes look. My only little bugbear is that the formula is quite wet, so I find that it can smudge very easily - it's best to apply sparingly and not just pile it on, especially on the lower lash line. Other than that it's a winner!
Fitness wise I have been loving strength training lately, as I am trying to tone up a little bit and get stronger. I love the Popsugar workouts, they have a been a favourite of mine for a few years now. Anna Renderer is such a babe, she is so motivating and explains the moves that you are doing perfectly, along with how they are benefiting your fitness levels. I already feel fitter and stronger in my body. I can see a difference in my stomach and legs, I think that my body is looking a lot leaner. I'm feeling so happy in my own skin, which is such a big thing for me to say, as I spent so many years hating my body and covering it up, that I now feel so confident and happy to flash a little flesh.
Although with this weather I have been living in boots, thick tights and cosy jumpers - I can't wait for spring to arrive, hopefully bringing brighter days.

I hope you enjoyed this 'Life through my camera roll' post, What have you been loving lately? Did you whip up a batch of tasty pancakes for Shrove Tuesday?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx