Saturday 23 January 2016

Lifestyle: Five Ways To Spend Your Saturday

There's nothing better than having the weekend off, you can meet up with friends, go out for cocktails, brunch or attend a fun event in your local area. Working in the hospitality industry I am never able to have every weekend off as we have guests coming to stay all week long. So when my 'every other weekend off' free weekend rolls around I always make sure to relish every moment, and have some fun with my lovely boyfriend, friends and some solo time too. So with that in mind I thought I would share with you my top five ways to spend a Saturday.
It's a date
Me and the boyfriend always plan a date night every month, we usually go out for a lovely meal and spend some much needed quality time together, just us. I always look forward to our dates as we both put our phones away, enjoy a delicious meal and chat about anything and everything, it's lovely.
We also love going bowling or to the cinema to watch the latest film. It's nice to get out of the house for the evening, and spend some time with your loved one - be it meeting a friend for coffee, cake and a natter, popping down the pub for a few drinks and a game of pool, or ordering in a pizza and playing board games. 
It's nice to spend some time offline, every now and then.

Day trip
I love a good day out, be it exploring a new town/city/area, visiting the zoo (and seeing the adorable penguins, my fave!), spending all day at a theme park, wondering around a museum or seeing the pretty fish at the aquarium.
A day trip is always fun, you can bring along your favourite people, grab some snacks for the road trip or even pack a picnic and stop for a bite in a pretty park.
I would love to visit Cadbury world for the day, as it's a chocoholics dream!

Farmer's market
Confession time: I am bit obsessed with visiting farmer's markets. I love the atmosphere, the wide variety of stalls and booths, not to mention the delicious food and free samples. (who doesn't love free!) From cheeses, freshly baked bread and sweet treats (gimme all the doughnuts, churros and cake, cheers) to locally brewed beer/cider/ale, juices and ice cream. You name it, they have it! I love supporting local brands and businesses as they can be overlooked sometimes. I find that every time you visit the markets you always find something brand new to try!

Shop til' you drop
Trying on clothes, putting together new looks, treating yourself after a hard week's work and hoarding the Boots make up counters sounds like the best way to spend a Saturday, if I say so myself... 

Country air
I love being outdoors. I find the countryside so peaceful and serene - it's such a beautiful, unspoilt place. I love grabbing my camera and sometimes my lovely boyfriend, and heading off into the woods or up in the hills for a long walk. It's a great chance to get some headspace and escape the hustle and bustle of life - plus you can snap some pretty pictures too. 
I hope you enjoyed this 'Five Ways To Spend A Saturday' post, Are you lucky enough to have the weekends off? What are your favourite ways to spend a Saturday?

I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below. 

Let's be friends!

Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. These are perfect ways to spend a weekend. I remember visiting Cadbury land when I was a kid and coming back with the biggest bar of chocolate I've ever seen. Maybe I just remember it that way because I was smaller then but I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh sounds like heaven, I hope I can visit Cadbury World soon and pick up all the chocolate! x

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx