Tuesday 26 January 2016

Devon Delights #3: Exeter HubBox Burger Heaven

Last year I started a little series here on my blog called 'Devon Delights' I haven't written a Devon restaurant post in quite a while as I have actually been frequenting my favourite restaurant The Beggars Roost so often (it's amazing, our fave date night spot!) that I haven't had any new places to review. But as me and my boyfriend headed to Exeter last week, I thought it was about time I shared another fab foodie find.
Catch up with my previous Devon delights posts here.
*Warning, this a very burger orientated photo heavy post. 
Just look at that burger, seriously.... *heart eyed emoji right there*

Myself and my boyfriend made the hour and a half drive to Exeter last week, for a day of shopping and all the food. After catching the park and ride into Exeter city centre, we went for a wonder around and I picked up some Hotel Chocolat goodies as we don't have a store near to us (seriously that billionaire's shortbread is the stuff of dreams) and spent far too much money in Primark, they have such amazing pieces in at the moment, if you would like to see a haul post, let me know in the comments below. After a couple of hours of shopping both our tummies were rumbling, so we headed to HubBox for a spot of lunch. I had already done my research on TripAdvisor beforehand as we both wanted a big, juicy burger and HubBox sounded like the perfect place.
We weren't wrong, upon entering the restaurant we were memorised by the amazing décor, the walls were covered in graffiti art - it looked so cool, whoever decorated the interior is very talented. The kitchen is actually built into an old shipping container, giving the restaurant a classic American feel.
We were then greeted by the sweetest waitress who gave us the warmest welcome, and promptly sat us in a lovely little booth to peruse the menu.
We both went for the burger, me the classic and the boyfriend opted for the classic with cheddar cheese, I ordered a side salad and the boyfriend the hand cut fries. They had a daily special of homemade lemonade, I usually stick to water but I couldn't resist proper homemade lemonade, it was delicious, very tart but fresh and light on the palate. 
We had a lovely chat with the waitress who offered such wonderful service, and after waiting for only around fifteen minutes our meals arrived, I could spot the juicy burgers glistening a mile away. I had mentioned to the waitress previously when ordering my side salad that I would steal some of Ian's fries, and the lovely chef had already split the portions for us, our plates piled high with fresh, crispy fries. Such a nice touch, and amazing value at £2.00 a portion.
The burgers were so decadent and full of flavour, you could taste that the meat was of the highest standard, and I love that the meat was sourced locally in the West Country. 
We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and left feeling full but very satisfied. The prices are extremely reasonable too, with our meals and drinks only coming to £22.00.
We will definitely be returning to HubBox next time we are in the area, as it was a lovely meal and the staff were so friendly and welcoming. 

We had such a wonderful day in Exeter, burgers, chocolate and shopping - you can't go wrong!

I hope you enjoyed this 'Devon Delights' post, Have you ever visited HubBox? Are you a burger lover like me?
I'd love to know, leave me a lovely comment below.

Let's be friends!


Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. I love the decor of HubBox, especially the sign, it reminds me of an old cinema. The burger looks good! Fat Hippo is very popular for burgers in Newcastle, they do lots of different and some unusual toppings such as peanut butter and jam, I haven't tried this one, it's a bit risky haha

    Ami x
    www.cranberryandapricot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fries look so crispy and tasty... Shame I'm a good 4 hours away haha. Was eyeing up the veggie choices and I'm impressed at the range!

    ReplyDelete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx