Tuesday 15 September 2015

Lifestyle: Fridge Raider

I am a big fan of Closer magazine; it's one of my favourites to get stuck in to, along with Cosmopolitan and Women's Health
I love the real life articles, celebrity gossip, fashion pieces and beauty news. But above all I love the healthy living/eating/wellbeing tips section, the 'Fridge Raider' page in particular. 
I love having a cheeky nosy into celebrities fridges, to see what dishes they are eating, cooking, loving and recommending. 
So I thought I would take a leaf out of Closer's book, and give you lovely lot a nosy into my fridge.

Let's get started...
1. Where do you shop?
I shop at Tesco. There is only a Sainsbury's and Tesco in my nearest town.
I love Tesco, as they always have great offers and deals on.

2. What is your typical daily diet?
I always start my day with a litre of water, and a big mug of green tea. Then breakfast is usually either Total Greek yoghurt, granola and fresh fruit, or wholemeal toast with eggs, and a piece of fruit. Lunch is a wholemeal sandwich or pitta bread, with chicken, turkey, ham or egg, salad and a piece of fruit. Dinner varies depending on what I'm in the mood for. It might be a chicken salad, or oven-baked chicken, sweet potato fries, cooked in Lucy Bee coconut oil, or baked fish and vegetables. I snack on fresh melon, carrots, frozen grapes, a square or two of 85% dark chocolate, Propercorn or Metcalfe's skinny popcorn and Nakd products. (I love the bars, nibbles and raisins)

Is there anything you refuse to eat?
I'm not really a fussy eater, I like most foods and I'm always up for trying new things.
But I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, baked beans, avocado (I know, I know...) and custard.

4. What is the strangest thing you eat or have eaten?
I don't think I eat anything particularly strange. I love apple, cheese and pickle together.
I always prefer eating my chocolate freezing cold from the fridge, the harder the better.
I also bite in to my ice cream, which I have been told is quite odd.

5. What would you cook to impress your partner?
My boyfriend is a bit of a fussy eater (Sorry Ian...) so I would cook him something I know he loves!
Fillet steak, cooked medium-rare with homemade skinny chips, and lots of tomato ketchup. With either lemon meringue pie or lemon drizzle loaf with Hocking's ice cream (A local Devon brand) or my much-requested vanilla buttercream cupcakes for dessert.

6. What is your guiltiest food pleasure?
If I am going to indulge in something it would have to be either, an ooey gooey chocolate dessert, doughnuts, fruit crumble, ice cream, pick and mix, freshly baked cookies or my rocky road. As you can tell I have a major sweet tooth! As for savoury, I love a good juicy burger or a curry with papadums and mango chutney.

7. What is your hangover cure?
I rarely drink, so I am lucky enough to hardly ever get hangovers.
But my go-to cure has to be a litre of water, ibuprofen, a big mug of green tea, a bowl of fresh fruit, usually melon, mango and berries, and a breakfast of boiled eggs and wholemeal soldiers.
I always crave fruit as my body is feeling dehydrated from the alcohol.

8. What is your takeaway order?
Living in a small town, we have less than a handful of takeaways. A chip shop and a pizza place.
I love treating myself to a takeaway pizza once in a while, maybe once every two months; I always get a chicken, mushroom, sweetcorn and pepper pizza, but I'm also partial to a good old ham and pineapple!

9. What are the top 5 items in your fridge that you couldn't live without?
Fruit
I love fruit. I have grapes, melon, mango, pears, peaches and apples in my fridge at the moment.
Salad vegetables
I have tomatoes, salad leaves, cucumber, carrots and peppers.
Condiments/Jars
I have Branston pickle, mustard, gherkins and green olives.
Lean meats
Chicken and turkey are perfect for sandwiches, salads and pitta bread pizzas.
Eggs
As they are so versatile, you can scramble, poach, fry or boil them. Slice them on top of toast, or on a salad, use them in banana pancakes or French toast. A fridge staple!

I hope you enjoyed this Closer-inspired 'Fridge Raider' post, I would love to know your answers too! If you do this 'Fridge Raider' post, I would love it if you left the link to your post below, or tweet it to me so I can have a nosy! @clumsybaby

Want to connect?

Love Laurenx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren!
    I enjoyed reading this post! I might do this too if that's ok.
    If I do I'll send you the link!
    Nicola
    http://nicspirational.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nic! I'm glad you enjoyed it, yes of course feel free. That's great, I'd love to read your answers! x

      Delete

Hello you lovelies! Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment on my blog! I appreciate and read every single comment, I will always try my best to reply as quickly as I can.
Feel free to tweet me @clumsybaby if you have question, query or just want to chit chat.

Lauren xx